Configuration problems

Last post 10-25-2006, 10:14 AM by gelatoallanocciola. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-25-2006, 10:14 AM 23807

Configuration problems

Hello.

I have some questions about the web messenger because I haven't been able to get it working.
    We want to integrate the web messenger in our ASP.NET 2.0 web sites.

First, I'm using the CuteChat3IntegrationPackage.zip but I noticed there is another one, the CuteChatStandalone.zip. Am I using the correct one?

When I unziped the file, I created the web site and pointed it to the folder where I had bin and CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat folders, ran the SQL scripts and created a web.config file because the project didn't have one. I added the connection string and at that point I thought I could see it working.
    But when I try to open the pages I get an error saying:

Missing appSetting:CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString

Eventhough I already have it in the web.config.

Then I added the Global.asax file because we want to integrate the IM with our own database. I kind of hardcoded the responses from Global.asax methods and tried to run the application but when I try to open CH_MainForm.aspx  page, it gets loaded ok but then I get a message: The connection to the chat server is lost. Invalid Location.

When I try to open IM_MainForm.aspx page, it loads but I got a message saying anonymous users not allowed but I can't log in the application because the sign in button keeps bringing up the message.

Can you give me some guidance please. We want to first evalute the software and see how it would work on our applications before we decide to buy it.

Thank you.

View as RSS news feed in XML