A few issues with editor - submitting large amounts of html, incompatibilities with IE and firefox...

Last post 09-30-2005, 8:05 AM by papachumba. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-30-2005, 6:36 AM 11229

A few issues with editor - submitting large amounts of html, incompatibilities with IE and firefox...

I will try and list all the issues i experienced with the editor as well as some questions:

We've been using this for a while on our intranet, it seems that there are some bugs while submitting pages:
    While the editor seems to work flawlessly when submitting small amounts of html, if I try and copy a LARGE amount of html, paste it in the editor and hit submit, it comes up with a javascript error, a rather obscure one:

"Class Doesnt support Automation"
    Line 2
    Char 70198

I must stress that the same scripts are working absolutely fine when submitting normal amounts of text, but if i try and copy a large html page from the browser and just paste it into cuteeditor it chokes on it.
    I am using a javascript submit but i tried testing it with a normal submit, it still produces the same message. Also i am not using GET, as that produces errors with large amounts of text as well.

Firefox is a different problem altogether, if i do the same (with a large chunk of html) it produces an obscure asp error on the next page, then if you go back and submit again it submits without a problem.  Another error it tends to produce is of the "field cannot be a zero-length string" type when submitting to the database through firefox (as if there was no content in the editor box), and this can be resolved only by going back to the form, clicking WITHIN the editor box somewhere, and then clicking submit. After doing this it seems to submit fine and the next page recognises that there is some content in that particular form field.

I am using version 4.0 of the editor for ASP.
    And before you say does the same error happen if I go to http://cutesoft.net/asp/EnableAll.asp, no it does not because you cannot submit that form.

Other issues:

Back Button -
    what is the best way of getting this to work? once a page with 3 multiple editors is opened for instance, users have to click the back button around 6-9 times to end up on the previous page.

Version Upgrade - i read on the forums that you offer a free upgrade to 4.2 for 4.0 users, yet i cannot find the link to this anywhere, the only option that i can get to is to buy it again for $50

These are my specs:
    ISS
    Internet explorer 6.0.2900
    Firefox 1.0.7
  •  09-30-2005, 8:05 AM 11231 in reply to 11229

Re: A few issues with editor - submitting large amounts of html, incompatibilities with IE and firefox...

ok this is weird,
    the machine running the admin pages with the cute editor on them is my local machine running XP with IIS on the network. I had some other applications running this morning when the error with submission of large fields was happening (other users reported this and then i encountered the same error)

I have just recently restarted the computer, and to my amazement all these errors went away. I am able to submit a VERY large chunk of html without any errors whatsoever. I have not performed any changes to the code, only a restart.

THis leads me to believe that the error might be related to memory? I noticed that when submitting a very big block of html in the form it pauses for a few moments (10-15 seconds) before the form gets submitted.
    Also, firefox is not coming up with any errors either any more.  I will see what happens when the computer stays on for a while and if the error comes back when submitting a large block of html...

This is all very confusing now.

Could you please answer to my other issues in the previous post please...
View as RSS news feed in XML