BASEHREF and Images/Library

Last post 10-09-2006, 5:18 AM by metalmania. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-25-2006, 2:02 AM 23018

BASEHREF and Images/Library

this is what I am trying to do...
    1. Use an image library at the root level (ie at the same level as the cuteeditor_files directory)
    2. Use relative URLs as the content will be displayed on a webpage
    3. Specify programmatically the basehref and images/media folder locations
    4. Specify programmatically the stylesheet to be applied.

If I set the basehref to just nothing then the "insert image" button/pop-up displays the contents from the cute_editor
    images directory - not the one above this that i want. It does pickup the stylesheet to use ok.

If I set the basehref to "/" then the "Insert image" button/pop-up displays my root level image directory correctly however
    the images in the editor window are replaced with image placeholders as it seems to be looking for "///images/xxx.jpg" etc
    (you can see this by right clicking on the empty image and choosing properties). 
    This method also does NOT seem to pickup the stylesheet either!
    This method of using "/" does actually work in firefox tho! but not IE (6 or 7!)

If I set the basehref to http://www.mysite.com/ then the images displayed in the editor work ok but the "insert image"
    pop-up gives a "Server Mappath error" - invalid path characters.

Another point is that, when you specify a stylesheet to use then this is also applied to the "HTML" tab as well but only partly,
    because it does not use the background colour.
    ie. if i use white text on a blue background, then I can't see the text in the "HTML" tab view.
    I would not expect the stylesheet to be used at all in the HTML tab view.

One more question, is it possible to allow the editor to see/use the stylesheet definitions specified in the editorwysiwygmodecss? ie to populate the css class box with the definitions from this external stylesheet instead of having to change/use the xml method?

hope that's all clear and appreciate any help. I have read the help files and searched the forum.
    We are currently evaluating a domain license before deciding to purchase a redistribution one.

•  10-09-2006, 5:18 AM 23405 in reply to 23018

Re: BASEHREF and Images/Library

for info, i managed to solve my problem.
    It seems that the editor likes the "/" in the image folder directory definition and NOT the basehref.
    ie. I had "/" in the basehref and just "images" in the folder path.
    a couple of examples of using basehref and folder paths in the help for different scenarios, would be nice.

I still got the problem with the stylesheet being applied to the HTML view tho.
View as RSS news feed in XML