Integration Issues

Last post 06-08-2007, 12:06 AM by genesplitter. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-23-2007, 4:32 AM 28678

Integration Issues

Hi,

I am evaluating cute chat for integrating into an existing site and despite following the instructions am having problems.

1. Conntection String. We have an existing database which uses the "connection string" key. I have run the sql script on this database and the cute chat stuff is now in it. When I try to run with an embedded chat window I get the error:

Missing appSetting:CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Missing appSetting:CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString

Source Error:

Line 5:  	protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
                Line 6:  	{
                Line 7:  		using(new CuteSoft.Chat.Impl.ResourceContext(writer))
                Line 8:  		{
                Line 9:  			base.Render(writer);

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Gameof33\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\Toolbar.ascx    Line: 7
    a. I don't understand why cute chat does not use the existing "connection string"  ?
    b. If it needs its own connections string (which will be exactly the same as the other one) then I would suggest it is called something else to allow simple integration and this step is put in the documentation ?

Does anyone have a solution to this please ?

2. Global.asax. The documentation says this file needs to be copied to the project folder. We already have this file and therefore copying it is not an option. So what do we need to do, merge them ? Something else ? Is this even needed for an embedded chat window ? The documentiation could be a lot clearer on this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Keith

P.S. This is the 5th chat solution we have evaluated and this is a pain to try and get working compared to most of the others if you want to integrate with something existing.
  •  06-08-2007, 12:06 AM 30504 in reply to 28678

Re: Integration Issues

I also have the same issue. I'm an experience .NET developer and have created literally dozens on websites, but integrating this solution into an existing site or even getting the standalone example working has stumped me so far.

View as RSS news feed in XML