cute chat runtime error

Last post 03-06-2008, 8:40 AM by Schuler. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2008, 2:54 PM 37599

cute chat runtime error

I have been working on setting up cutechat and have done all of the steps but am having difficulty with a runtime error.  this is what it is saying

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

and while i have done this change to the web config it still gives me this same error.

i thought maybe the link i was using to access the program is wrong so here is that as well. 

http://www.schulerbooks.com/cutechat/Web/chat.aspx

if anyone could help i would be most grateful

thanks,
    kim

•  03-06-2008, 8:40 AM 37621 in reply to 37610

Re: cute chat runtime error

thank you for the reply and the email. i will try your suggestion from the email first and then if i still am having problems will email tomorrow to set up the installation service. thank you for your time
View as RSS news feed in XML