Load Balancing encoding issue

Last post 09-06-2010, 12:08 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-02-2010, 10:31 AM 63814

Load Balancing encoding issue

We are integrating CuteChat into our existing product and have run into a snag now that we are enabling load balancing.  I have followed the documentation and fortunately can see the users across separate web servers and chat is functioning.

The issue we have now is that text encoding has broken. This only occurs when the application is in client mode. If we remove the load balancing and let the client speak directly to the database everything works, when load balancing is enabled content looks like this:

^4div style="^5hello^4^7div^5 

what could be causing this? 
  •  09-02-2010, 10:18 PM 63820 in reply to 63814

Re: Load Balancing encoding issue

Hi jbardrof,

Is your site online? If so, can you send me the test page url and a test account? I will test it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Please send the information to [email protected]

Regards,

ken
  •  09-03-2010, 8:46 AM 63831 in reply to 63820

Hi Kenneth, thank you for your response, we are not online yet, we are in development now. I have also been in contact with Eric who is looking into some data regarding this issue.

I do have another issue I'm hoping to resolve around this load balancing. There is a second variable which is causing an issue. We are also using membership integration on this project. Now when we do not use load balancing the ChatProvider class works very well. I notice that methods such as IsAdministrator do not run on the client during load balancing but on the chat server. The issue is that the client does not appear to be sending enough information to the server for me to run my query and detect whether the user is an administrator. 

Is the user passed through the stream during the communication to the server? If so, how can I get that username out of the stream? 

edit: I see that the user unique identifier and username is passed through the inputstream. I was able to read out the stream but do not see what format or organization it is using. What formatting is being used so that I can pull the variables I need out of the stream. 
  •  09-06-2010, 12:08 AM 63845 in reply to 63831

Hi jbardrof,

The user name format is "User:ken","User:merry". (Does not contain double quotes)

Regards,

Ken
View as RSS news feed in XML