Image download link

Last post 03-11-2011, 5:48 AM by Jeff. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2011, 5:16 AM 66539

Image download link

Hi Support

I am using the trial of DNG right now, and have my site setup as we want, but it takes a very long time to load the images when they are clicked. This seems to be due to DNG using the full-size image - we wanted to know if it was possible to have a resized image displayed and then have a link underneath (where the comments bar is) to download the full-size original copy?

Site link available if needed.

Many thanks

Andre
  •  03-04-2011, 6:39 AM 66542 in reply to 66539

Re: Image download link

Dear Andre,

http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/Classic-Layout.aspx , this online demo display thumbnails in single page, once you click one image, it will display the full size image.
    If you want to download image, you can right click the full size image, and then click "Save as". Every image has one url,  you can  update code and implement the image download feature.

Thank you for asking
  •  03-10-2011, 9:27 AM 66614 in reply to 66542

Hi Eric

Thanks for the response.

I understand this, what I am looking to achieve is as follows:
    -Upload image to gallery eg img101.jpg
    -2x thumbnails are created, one of 96x128 size (img101.thumbnail.jpg) and one of 1024x768 (img101.gallery.jpg)
    When a user opens the gallery, the thumnail jpg will be used on the classic layout as your link. Once an image is clicked the 'larger' image is displayed, and below this where the comments bar is I would then like to have a link to the original un-resised file. Some of the images on our site are 20MB and the full image is downloaded whenever a user views it - this takes a long, long time on a mobile phone or African ADSL connection!

•  03-10-2011, 8:14 PM 66621 in reply to 66614

Hi eabeukes,

In the current version, Dotnetgallery saves two files after image uploading, 
    1. The thumbnail file,  it is 128 pixels width by default, the height of the thumbnail file is calculated automatically based on the original file
    2. The original image file

if you want to create  a  resized image(1024*768),
    you need to get the source code and modify it to meet your requirements

Regards,
    Jeff 
  •  03-11-2011, 3:12 AM 66626 in reply to 66621

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the reply - would you be able to point me in the direction of where the code is that creates the thumbnail file, so I can modify accordingly? Happy to have this sent to me privately.

Thanks

Andre
  •  03-11-2011, 5:48 AM 66628 in reply to 66626

Hi Andre,

You can't view the source code that creates the thumbnail file except you have the Source Code License

This is the licensing information page : http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/Order.aspx

If you have the SourceCode License, I can point you how to modify the code to meet your requirements.

Regards,
    Jeff
View as RSS news feed in XML