Question about Web.config for CC Standalone demo

Last post 05-26-2005, 10:44 AM by Adam. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-25-2005, 6:02 PM 7014

Question about Web.config for CC Standalone demo

In the web.config there is a appsetting for CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString.  I made this the same as the ConnectionString since I only have 1 database.  Am I supposed to have 2 databases because the original code for the CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString referred to CuteChat2 which I commented out.

Please see my appSetting below: 

<

appSettings>

<addkey="ConnectionString"value="server=testsql01\testsql01_2k;database=SamplePortal;uid=lsux730;pwd=xxxxx"/>
    <addkey="OnlineTimeout"value="300"/>

<!

-- <add key="CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString" value="server=(local);database=CuteChat2;uid=sa;pwd=;connection reset=false;;Application Name=ChatWeb" />-->

<addkey="CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString"value="server=testsql01\testsql01_2k;database=SamplePortal;uid=lsux730;pwd=xxxxx;connection reset=false;;Application Name=ChatWeb"/>

</appSettings>

Thanks,
    Getting very frustrated with this demo install,
    Carolyn
  •  05-25-2005, 6:32 PM 7016 in reply to 7014

Re: Question about Web.config for CC Standalone demo

More Info:

The problem seems to be in the CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString.
    I changed the userid in the ConnectionString key to be my personal id (which is set up on the db) and left the CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString set to lsux730 (which is also set up on the db).

The error message I get is that "Login Failed for lsux730"  (not cudell - my login id).

HELP!
  •  05-26-2005, 10:44 AM 7040 in reply to 7014

Re: Question about Web.config for CC Standalone demo

View as RSS news feed in XML