Loader.asxh error "Invalid character"

Last post 02-28-2012, 6:20 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-24-2012, 3:18 PM 73166

Loader.asxh error "Invalid character"

While debugging an error with the editor we discovered a javascript error in the Loader.ashx file. Opening up the IE dev tools gave us a bit more information and showed us that there is an "Invalid character" error in the Loader.ashx file.

We just updated the Cute Editor last Wednesday (2/ 15/12) and the first report of this problem came in on Thursday I believe.

This problem is intermittent. This problem may be isolated to Windows XP machines, machines running IE8 or a combination of the two.

IE Dev tools showing the error from a Windows XP machine running IE8.

Error message received in various places while trying to upload an image.

Error? Random, unexplainable error message that I'm not sure if it's related to this or not.

Filed under: , , ,
  •  02-27-2012, 1:32 AM 73190 in reply to 73166

Re: Loader.asxh error "Invalid character"

Hi MasterShadow,

Do you get the same issue on http://www.cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx?

Does it only happens on IE8 browser? Can you send me your editor test page url? So we can check it for you.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-27-2012, 11:47 AM 73219 in reply to 73190

When they originally reported the issue they had IE7. While troubleshooting we had them upgrade to IE8 and the problem persisted. Unfortunately I don't have a real windows XP machine to test on the example page. The best I can do is a VPC and I can't recreate the problem on the VPC.

I have PMed you a link to the .aspx page. This is a live page in the system of the customer who is reporting the problem.

•  02-28-2012, 6:20 AM 73236 in reply to 73219

Hi MasterShadow,

Please send the info to [email protected] and show me the steps to reproduce this issue. I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML