the Famous : file browsing dialog has been blocked

Last post 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM by afennani. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-07-2012, 11:16 AM 74363

the Famous : file browsing dialog has been blocked

Hi there
    it seems like the file browser dialog always popup on IE and Firefox.
    Please dont ask me to use the iframe or silverlight, since these are the requirements of the application we are developping.
    we need the multi file upload using flash.
    Yes we use flash 10. And it s not the cause of the problem:
    - In the same application, we have 2 pages where we use the uploader. the first page is a light page, the layout is not complexe and the uploader is just working fine. the second page which has more complexe design, clicking the uploader will popup that ugly message. We went further and we placed the uploader int the body tag (of the second page) and it worked.
     with firebug, for the case where the uploader was poppinup the dialog, we think that the flash is not hiding properly the input button. we think that we are cliking on the buttons not the flash mask which leads to the popup.
    Is there a new way to render the flash mask so it supports some complexe layouts?
  •  08-08-2012, 8:16 AM 74374 in reply to 74363

Re: the Famous : file browsing dialog has been blocked

Hi afennani,

This should be an old bug, can you download the latest version and try again?

latest version download url: http://ajaxuploader.com/download/Ajax-Uploader.zip

If you still get the same problem with the latest version, please create an example page which can reproduce this issue and send it to [email protected]. I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  09-24-2012, 11:51 AM 74743 in reply to 74374

Re: the Famous : file browsing dialog has been blocked

Here, i'm talking about Ajax uploader for asp.net mvc 3 project, the easiest way to reproduce this bug is to put an uploader in a modal jquery dialog. typically such a dialog will have a zindex of 1000. i think the source of the issue is the zindex of the created div "uploaderObjectContainer". it has a zindex of 5. even if i change its zindex using firebug, it returns to 5 automatically. Is there a way to control that z index(to somehow set it at the init of the uploader). 

thanks

View as RSS news feed in XML