Bulleted List Not Working in Cute Editor

Last post 08-07-2010, 10:11 PM by Chaplain Doug. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-06-2010, 11:36 AM 63188

Bulleted List Not Working in Cute Editor

I am trying to put a bulleted list into my document while in "Normal" mode in the Cute Editor.  The numbered list works, putting numbers in front of each line.  But the bullets do not apear, even though the bullet icon is highlighted and <ul> and <li> are being inserted per the status line at bottom.  Just cannot see any bullets.  Any ideas what might be cause this?
  •  08-06-2010, 11:43 AM 63189 in reply to 63188

Re: Bulleted List Not Working in Cute Editor

The bullets just do not show in the Cute Editor.  However, when the page created with the Cute Editor is displayed outside the editor, it shows the bullets.  Hence, the editor is inserting the proper tags, but just not displaying the bullets in either normal or preview mode.  Just some more data to help solve this.
  •  08-06-2010, 11:52 AM 63191 in reply to 63189

Please follow steps:
    1. Open http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx
    2. Remove all content of editor
    3. Input several lines
    4. Click button "Insert Numbered List"
    You will see the bullets both "normal" and "preview" mode.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  08-06-2010, 3:07 PM 63199 in reply to 63191

Okay.  But what could be making it not work in my application?
  •  08-07-2010, 9:21 PM 63232 in reply to 63191

I just purchased and installed the latest version of the Cute Editor (although I have no idea how to tell what version I am now working with).  Despite the installation of the latest, I am still having the problem of when I bullet some text in the editor, the bullets do not show.  The bullet icon remains depressed, indicating that the text I am working on is bulleted.  But the bullets DO NOT show until the page I create in the editor is actually served up on its target page.  The edit simply does not show the bullets.  It does however show numbers on a numbered list.  Can anyone at CuteSoft help me on this issue.  It is important.  Thank you.
  •  08-07-2010, 9:37 PM 63233 in reply to 63232

I experimented a little and found that when I take out the EditorWysiwygModeCss property setting in the following editor definition, the bullet problem goes away.  Any idea what could have been causing it?

<ce:Editor ID="ContentEditor" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="600px" AutoConfigure="Simple"

EditorBodyClass="MyCuteEditorBody" EditorWysiwygModeCss="~/StyleSheets/DefaultStyleSheet.css"

ThemeType="Office2007" ContextMenuMode="Simple" EnableObjectResizing="False">

</ce:Editor>

•  08-07-2010, 10:11 PM 63235 in reply to 63233

Actually, what I needed to do was not to remove the wysiwyg property in the editor definition but to modify a section in my css file namely the following in the css was causing the bullets not to show:

body, p, h1, h2, h3, h4, ul, li, table

{

border-style: none;

border-color: inherit;

border-width: medium;

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

text-align: left;

}

View as RSS news feed in XML