Many problems editing text with Cute Editor and DNN

•  09-15-2005, 5:57 PM

Many problems editing text with Cute Editor and DNN

I'm having loads of problems editing text.  Here is a summary, I think these are bugs with Cute editor:

1)  When I press enter in Normal view Cute editor inserts <div></div> into the HTML (i've tried changing the BreakElement property in web.config to br or br/ but it doesn't seem to make a difference)
    2)  When I press enter in HTML view, Cute editor jumps down 2 lines!!   (I have to hold shift down to go down one line!!!)
    3)  Rogue 'greater than' and 'less than' signs get inserted all over the place in the HTML when I'm editing in Normal view
    4)  If I set the properties of a table in HTML view, e.g. width="100%" then Cute editor (sometimes) replaces them with style="width: 100% ..." even though I haven't touched the Normal view.
    5)  Setting the CSS styles of text in Normal view causes all sorts of problems when highlighting for example two pieces of text, or a table
    6)  Many other problems that I'm too tired to remember.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up on Cute editor and trying one of the others available.  Are these known problems?  Does anyone else have these problems.  Am I going insane????!!
View Complete Thread