Re: URGENT file/image upload problem

•  09-24-2005, 6:27 AM

Re: URGENT file/image upload problem

First of all, I didn't change any of your code, I just added some response.write stuff to check if all paths to the image and document folders were created correctly by CuteEditor. I already removed my changes.

For example:

../website/Brussels/4/images
    ../website/Brussels/41/images
    ../website/Cyprus/1/images

I was already confident about the above paths, because they are used throughout the entire project.
    Sadly I can not inform you about more of the project code because of my client's security.

I FOUND A SOLUTION.
    It's a codepage problem !
    All the ASP pages of the project use CodePage 65001 because it's a multilanguage UTF-8 project using an Oracle (with utf8 charset) database.

I added <% @codepage=1252 %> on top of the filePost.asp page, and now it seems to work correctly !!! 
    I will leave this modification in the CuteEditor code, because it is very important that this funcionality works for my client.

CRITICISM.
    I think you should have known about this for CuteEditor, it's a bit sad that I have to debug commercial code to get it to work.
    Then again, maybe CuteEditor has a property to set the codepage, but I certainly haven't found how...

I also found the documentation that came with CuteEditor for ASP inadequate.
    Luckily I'm a programmer, so I was able to find all funcionality myself (and also in the forum here).

Please accept my criticism as positive criticism.
    I can understand very well that you probably have your minds set on the future with CuteEditor.Net, and are probably focusing on that new system now...

If it was up to me, I would have made the project in ASP.NET, but our client wouldn't hear of it :(

K.

View Complete Thread