IE 5.5 SP2 Failure Final Update...

•  10-05-2005, 8:32 PM

IE 5.5 SP2 Failure Final Update...

Here is the low down on my IE 5.5 posts. This post if for Cute soft clients or perspective clients.  The cute soft product does not work in the following environment:

(IE 5.5 SP 2)
    5.50.4807.2300CO
    Update Versions: SP2; Q306121; Q313675; Q828750; Q824145; Q832894; Q867801

It does work in this environment:
    (IE 5.5 SP 2)
    Update Versions: SP2; Q316059

Adam
    You asked me my exact environment.  I gave it to you, it was the first one described above.  You said it was working in this environment, I told you it wasnt (amoung other things) Why did you not:

a..Apply the appropriate updates and test?
    or
    b..Tell me sorry we do not wish to apply the updates.  It can not, or we do not wish to spend the time making it work in your environment. 

Instead by email you told me "I will have to remove your negative posts from our forums"  and offered me a refund.  I have not looked and I dont care if you have removed my posts.  Next time I suggest you be more honest and precise about what you ask for and what you say.  You did not apply the IE updates but insisted it worked, you were wrong. 

You are so damn helpful.  In  future dont be afraid to say, we cant make it work for you.  People (especially fellow programmers) will appreciate this more than being run around in circles.  Additionaly if I ask questions, I expect answers - even if the answer is I dont know.  I always address questions that are asked of me as best I can. 

You want this editor to be the best on line.  Leave factual posts in place and address questions that are asked.  An answer of I dont know beats no answer.

Wind is your friend
View Complete Thread