CuteEditor in a "subModal, PopUp" window

•  11-30-2005, 6:59 PM

CuteEditor in a "subModal, PopUp" window

Hi all,

Posting this here to see if others are interested in this type of setup and to, possibly, generate dialog that all may exchange info and benefit from.
    I'm currently testing CuteEditor in a site registration page that needs multiple, 5 or more, editors.  The page uses ComponentArt's MultiPage control, and is already large enough prior to adding several editor instances. So I've been experimenting with putting the editor in a popup window, that updates the page at the client, which then all is submitted to server for db update.

The method is based on "subModal Dialog"..  example and description found here.. http://www.subimage.com/dhtml/subModal/ ,  that is reportedly very cross-browser friendly and doesn't use IE-only "showModalDialog()".  It uses positioned divs and an IFrame.  I learned of it, as, CommunityServer is now using it for forum "quick reply" feature.

So far, I have it working pretty well but I've a couple of timing issues I have to iron out.  Since I"m no .js guru I'm hoping that others may be interested and can help create a stable, useful example for CE users.

Currently, I'm still on localhost (haven't purchased yet) so I can't point to my example yet. 

Myself.. I think it's a pretty slick solution for my particular need. 

David

View Complete Thread