Suggestions for Image Dialog

•  12-05-2005, 1:17 PM

Suggestions for Image Dialog

First off.. I appreciate that you guys are so receptive to suggestions and input... and that you actively participate in your forums.  I tried, and implemented deeply into my site, an editor of a competitor.  Yes.. Free.. (though I paid for source) but, it is just too frustrating knowing that your forum posts and questions basically go unanswered.  Though I can't get your source I'll do just fine without it.  Your editor is the best... and getting better!

I wanted to suggest a couple more things for the image dialog / thumbnail generation.. etc.

- what if, when "constrain proportions" is checked that a "slider" type control is enabled to size preview, inserted image
    - and/or, related... depending on how the UI is for "create thumb with link".. provide a dropdown(?) with predefined thumb sizes
    - please provide config options to set filters for hiding folders/files in the directory tree.  I have xml folders for image attributes and would like to hide from users. 
    - also, that the "max image size" text  in the dialog represent the max dimensions image allowed that can be inserted into the editor, which, could tie into auto thumb/link generation if an oversize image is selected.

Thanks..

David
View Complete Thread