Upload Folder and user-specific image files. Please send help.....

•  02-07-2006, 12:50 PM

Upload Folder and user-specific image files. Please send help.....

I have search the forum for posts that pertain to creating a site and using the Cute Editor ASP version where all users share the same upload folder. Is there a way to partition the upload folder such that there is no need to created additional folders to support the many users signed up to the site and are using the Cute Editor application.

For example, is there a Cute Editor property like prefix whereby a unique identifier of that person could be assigned. The assignment of a user-specific prefix would allow for the images to contain the prefix and in-turn, the Cute Editor would only show the files uploaded specifically be the user. In addition, the file names would be that of the one originally upload, i.e. the prefix is stripped off.

Please note that I posted the exact same message on the CuteEditor for ASP forum about a year ago. I gather that the answer would be different for .NET givien the fact that modifying the code is not an option for me. At least I would hate to purchase the code base for just this small change.

Thanks in advance for your help.
View Complete Thread