Re: Safari problem with editor without content

•  06-16-2006, 4:29 PM

Re: Safari problem with editor without content

Adam,

I figured out the problem.  I have the editors hidden (table row with display style set to 'none') and when I do this, your editor will not populate the text into the textarea field.  When I change the display style to 'inline' the content appears as it should.   Here is a sample page for testing purposes.  Safari doesn't like the way I'm doing the show/hide so I'm going to look into a different way of doing this, however I'm not sure if the editor can handle populating the a hidden textarea.

Regards,
    Ted

<%@ Page Language="c#" %>
    <%@ Import NameSpace="System"%>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>
    <script language="C#" runat="server">
     public void Page_Load(Object Source, EventArgs E)
     {
      Editor1.Text = "Editor 1 Text";
     }
    </script>
    <html>
     <body>
     <form id="EditorTest" runat="server">
      <table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0">
       <tr><td>&nbsp;<a class="clsRequiredField" href="#" onclick="BLOCKED SCRIPTif(this.parentElement.parentElement.nextSibling.style.display=='none') this.parentElement.parentElement.nextSibling.style.display='inline';else this.parentElement.parentElement.nextSibling.style.display='none';return(false);" ><font style="font-size:10px; color:Maroon;">(click here to show/hide)</font></a></td></tr>
       <tr style="DISPLAY:none;">
        <td valign="middle" style="border: 1px solid #CCCCCC">
         <CE:Editor id="Editor1" Width="350" runat="server" Height="200" ThemeType="OfficeXP" EnableContextMenu="False" AutoConfigure="Minimal" /><br /><br />
        </td>
       </tr>
      </table>
     </form>
     </body>
    </html>
View Complete Thread