Another how do I get started question.

•  10-13-2004, 2:29 AM

Another how do I get started question.

Hi,

I'm not an asp programmer, but I have fooled around with asp enough that I can kind of do things - I can kind of read it and manipulate it, but I can't write it.

I bought aspEdit, and now have upgraded to cuteEdit. Both programs seem to have really, really poor documentation and people seem to get a lot of non-answers in these forums from support. I spoke to support, and they wanted $100 to add the 3 things to an existing asp page to make it work. I'll go buy someone elses program, and junk this one, before I'll pay that much for 5 or 10 minutes work! They said there was no time for "custom" work. Sounds to me like there is no time for supporting their product. I realize that it says this program is for developers, but why not take the time to explain things to the power user types? I'm sure it would be simple enough with some futher explanation. And after looking through the forum, I see that there are others with the same problems.

With all that said, is there anyone here who can explain how I add the editor to an existing textarea in an existing asp page? Exactly, step-by-step. The textarea is submitted to a database. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for someone to show me how it goes (but not twice the price of the program).

Sorry if I sound like I have an attitude, but I guess I do.

Jill
View Complete Thread