CuteChat integrated in existing userdatabase does not show actual username after update

•  09-08-2006, 7:21 AM

CuteChat integrated in existing userdatabase does not show actual username after update

Hi all

We are using the latest version of CuteChat 3.1 for .Net 2.0 and have it integrated in our existing user database. The basic functionality works fine, however when we change/update a username in our database. CuteChat does not reflect this change even after restarting IIS. From what i ve seen, the usernames are stored in the table CuteChatUser. When i change the names there, CuteChat displayes the updated name after a relogin. As it seems, CuteChat uses some kind of Chache to store that usernames, but never synchronizes the CuteChat database.

Is there something wrong with our integration? A possible solution would be to use triggers to update the CuteChat database. This way the usernames would be correct at least after a relogin. Is there a better, right way to synchronize the CuteChat database. I guess it would be good to have an idea how the caching works and what is actually cached when encountering such problems.

Thanks for any help.

Greetings

Daniel
View Complete Thread