Re: DNN Integration and I am extremely disappointed about CuteChat

•  09-12-2006, 5:26 AM

Re: DNN Integration and I am extremely disappointed about CuteChat

rcarrillo:
    Hi lartec,

My problem was solved when I found a bug on my implementation the GetUserDisplayName interface which is necessary for the integration package to work. I dont know if this is similar on DNN...

Maybe this helps.
    Hi, rcarrillo:
    Yes, it seems that the DNN (or .NET) user administration is the root of our problem.

@Adam:

I have tried to reach the exact code line where the application fails and now I'm almost sure that the problem is that a normal user (not host user) of DNN can "execute" the file Settings.js.aspx.

When the application (logged as a normal user) executes EmbedChannel.ascx and it calls some others files using scripts, the application doesn't get into Settings.js.aspx (when the user is the HOST, the application "reads" Settings.js.aspx without problems), so it can't get __cc_urlbase value and others and here comes the crash.

If you don't reproduce the error into a DNN portal it seems that the problem is some user permissions of our site, but I don't know if there is the configuration of DNN or it's at .NET level... By the way, the DNN user module that we use is the core module, so there must be no problem with that.

Anybody has solved some similar problem? We can't go further than this point now.

Thanks to all.
View Complete Thread