Questions before purchase

•  10-18-2006, 7:32 AM

Questions before purchase

Hello,

I've looked through the web site on cute chat and it seems perfect for what we want, but I have a few questions before I buy.

We are building a .NET 2.0 web site for a client and they would like to have chat room functionality, preferably with a different chat room for every section of the site.

We would need a license to allow us to develop on our local machines (about 4 developers all using their own localhost), deploy to a staging server for testing (under a sub domain of our company), and then deploy to a live server (using the clients domain). The live server MIGHT be load balanced in a server farm - we are not sure yet.

My questions are..

1 Does Cutechat work with load balancing? I expect that it doesn't  (as it would be hard to deal with different users in the same chatroom  on different machines) so is the usual practice to run cutechat on ONE web server or have its own dedicated server?

2. There seems to be a lot of functionlity out of the box. If my client decided that thay didnt reqiure some of this (multiple rooms, profanity checking, automated kick.ban etc) is it all configurable?

3. What license would I require - Is a Small business license enough for what we need or do we require a redistibutable license (as we would like to be able to run the site on a staging server for our testing)?

Thanks

Richard
View Complete Thread