Re: GetString is undefined

•  12-06-2006, 11:11 AM

Re: GetString is undefined

great thanks! both my ClientName and Chat are virtual directories.

What I ended up doing is taking my whole 'Chat' directory and deleting it.
    I copied the CuteSoft_client folder into my site root
    Copied the dll to my sites bin directory

and copied the embedchat.aspx file to my site.
    so now it is http://localhost/ClientName/embedchat.aspx

When I first ran it I got a 'Cannot find part of the path 'IPN/Chat/CDQ'

I also remember it complaining about the SamplePortal.dll not being found because inside the
    embedchat.aspx page it is referencing the SamplePortal namespace.
    UPDATE: Actually it was the banner.ascx file that referenced the SamplePortal.dll - I took it out.

So just for giggles I copied THAT dll into my sites root. The error went away.

then I remembered that in the web.config file I have it set to ~/Chat
    so I took it off and replaced it with just ~/  so it would look in root.

Now it says the same thing but it is looking for CDQ in my root. (IPN/CDQ)

I changed it to ~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat  to see if it works.
    and wouldnt you know it..it comes up with a 'GetString' is undefined.

Now were back to our original problem.

Just to reiterate the steps:
      ClientName is a virtual directory

my root bin directory contains - cutechat.lic, CuteSoft.Chat.dll, CuteMessenger.lic, SamplePortal.dll, plus my sites dll's
      I copied the embedchat.aspx page to my root folder - so now its http://localhost/ClientName/embedchat.aspx
      Copied the CuteSoft_client folder and all its contents to my root folder - so now its http://localhost/ClientName/CuteSoft_client
      changed the key in my web.config file to say this:
    <add key="CuteChat.DataDirectory" value="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat" />

End Result: GetString is undefined.
    funny how I just went in a complete circle and back to my original error hehe..any suggestions?

Update: I took out the SamplePortal.dll file and started getting errrors from the Banner.ascx file
    It was looking for SamplePortal.Global.GetRolesOfUser(useruniquename)

So what I did was open up the SamplePortal project and take everything in the global.asax.cs file and put it in my global.asax file..put everything that said SamplePortal to IPN (ClientName) and ran it..
    still got a GetString is undefined.

just thought I would add that. im still working on it.

Update 2: I tried adding the CuteSoft_Client into my project and came up with a whole slew of more errors, so I took it back out.

I recopied the Framework 1.x Web\CuteSoft_Client  to my site root to revert back to original and still get the GetString is undefined.

Just for sake of giving information the GetString that is saying is undefined is in the CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\EmbedChannel.ascx file line 65

I also noticed it is within a <script> tag so I removed those and it seem to go past it and until another error. Not sure if this makes a difference, but just trying everything.

View Complete Thread