Anonymous web user needs write permissions?

•  12-16-2006, 7:22 AM

Anonymous web user needs write permissions?

just to make sure I'm doing this correctly... (pardon the ASP.NET ignorance here...)

But I'm testing out the control on a shared hosting account (my ISP is HostWay.com).  I'm receiving the following error:

Access to the path "D:\WWWRoot\[MyDomainName]\www\test\samplefolder\gallery.xml" is denied.

I'm using WS_FTP to place my files on the server, and the folder 'test' has 777.  But apparently this is good enough.  I see in the help file that:

At run-time, when the first hit comes to the page, DotNetGallery control will check for the needed files, images, and as it won't be there, it will create the folder and extract files from assembly.
    Finally, it is important to note that in order to save files on the server; the current user must have disk write permissions on the destination folder.
    After you extract all the files from the assembly, you don't need to assign ASPNET account write permissions to your production server.

Does this mean that I need to contact my ISP and ask for additional permissions on the folder?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Anon
View Complete Thread