Safari - Issues with Code Snippets and Paste Plain Text

•  01-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Safari - Issues with Code Snippets and Paste Plain Text

I've posted this via the support area,  but haven't had a response in over 3 weeks.

Using older and newer versions of Safari,  the "Code Snippets" and "Paste Plain Text" do not work under certain conditions. 

For code snippets,  we had our values as follows: "<value>{FirstName}</value>".  When clicking on the code snippet using Safari,  nothing happens,  not even errors.  We then changed it to: "<value><![CDATA[{FirstName}]]></value>" and still it didn't work.  We then tried: "<value><![CDATA[<span>{FirstName}</span>]]></value>" and finally it worked. 

It seems that for Safari, values for code snippets must be placed in CDATA and HTML within the CDATA for it to work.  I verified this by modifying existing code samples.

I am also having issues with "Paste Plain Text" in Safari.  I have created a test page at:

http://69.60.123.105/editortest.aspx

Use any version of Safari.  Notice that the merge fields are now working,  however the "Paste plain text" does not (clicking on the "Insert" on the popup does nothing).  I have sent the source for editortest.aspx via email.  Can you please look at it and let me know if this is our issue or an issue with the CuteEditor product?

View Complete Thread