Users cannot connect to chat rooms - CuteChatUser problem

•  01-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Users cannot connect to chat rooms - CuteChatUser problem

I am running v3.1.1 of CuteChat standalone.  Some users are having a problem connecting to chat rooms.  When they attempt to connect to the chat room they get the message 'Object reference not set to an instance of the object'.  Deleting their user record from the CuteChatUser table and recreating it with a new UserId fixes the problem, but then the problem happens again after a day or so. 

I am trying to understand how the CuteChat app handles data in the CuteChatUser table. If I delete the record of the user in the CuteChatUser table and create a new record with a new UserId the user can access the chat room again.  I tried turning on identity_insert, deleting the existing record from the CuteChatUser table, and recreating the record with the same UserId value, but this did not fix the problem.  The problem with deleting the record from the CuteChatUser table and having a new UserId assigned is that the log in CuteChatMessage will not all join up to a single user id for the user.

Is there a config setting that can be set to turn off user cache?  Is there any way to fix this problem?  Am I missing something?  I created some custom provisioning code to add users in to the CuteChat database.  I am not currently hooking up the membership in the CuteChat app to our existing system.

Thanks,
    Greg
View Complete Thread