Re: Trying to use your file dialog box with a new custom control

•  03-19-2007, 5:12 PM

Re: Trying to use your file dialog box with a new custom control

I am sure this tip would be of some help if I were only a bit smarter.  The above link does not show me the code that accomplishes this function!

Further, I have been using Cute Editor for over 3 years and each release seems to break something that we had working before!

In this instance 5.3 will display the custom button -- and two others exactly as the previous release did.  Further we capture the action successfully for all three custom buttons.  Two of these buttons work fine in 5.3 but the one that uses the following java script code fails to successfully invoke your Insert Image dialog box under 5.3.  It presents the dialog and the dialog appears to be fully functional -- however when we select an image (from the dialog) the following error occurs:

The code that causes this behavior (which ran fine in 4.0) is as follows:

var newwin_1=showModalDialog("CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Dialogs/InsertGallery.aspx?settinghash=<%=Editor1.Setting.GetHashString()%>", editor, "dialogWidth:670px;dialogHeight:650px");
         var editor1=document.getElementById('<%=Editor1.ClientID%>'); 
          var editdoc = editor1.GetDocument();
       var test1 = new String(newwin_1);
    It is the assignment of the dialogs return value to the var newwin_1 which causes the error,

This would seem that the returned value from the dialog has changed in this release.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Phil

View Complete Thread