How can i reference a file being inserted (outside the editor) just like when doing Insert Image outside the editor?

•  09-24-2007, 8:52 AM

How can i reference a file being inserted (outside the editor) just like when doing Insert Image outside the editor?

Hello,

I have seen many code examples on Inserting an image outside the editor.  I have this working fine, but now i am trying to use the same concenpt when selecting a File using the Downloadable Files dialog.  Could someone PLEASE give me some insight on how to do this.

ie: This works when selecting an image outside the editor (i can get the path the user selected) --- but this down work when using the Downloadable files.  Thank you very much in advance.

function callInsertImage() 
            { 

var ce_img; 
                ce_img = document.getElementById('<%= ce_image.ClientID%>');
                ce_img.focus(); 
                var ce_imgDoc = ce_img.GetDocument() 

ce_img.ExecCommand('ImageGalleryByBrowsing') 
                var ce_imgRange = ce_imgDoc.selection.createRange()             
                if (ce_imgDoc.selection.type == 'Control') 
                    { 
                        if (ce_imgRange.length == 1) 
                            { 
                                var ce_imgElement = ce_imgRange.item(0) 
                                if (ce_imgElement.tagName == 'IMG') 
                                    {  
                                        // THIS GUY RIGHT HERE GETS THE PATH TO THE IMAGE SELECTED, HOW DO I DO THIS FOR DOCUMENTS?
                                        document.getElementById('<%= txtImagePath.ClientID %>').value = ce_imgElement.src

} 
                            } 
                    } 
                }
View Complete Thread