Re: Live Support Operator started blowing up

•  01-31-2008, 4:24 PM

Re: Live Support Operator started blowing up

Adam, if you'll re-read what I wrote there, you'll see that the "loading" occurs only when hostip.info is down.  Since hostip.info is back up today, naturally you didn't see any problems.  But if hostip.info is down, your program is now not "blowing up", but not fully handling the error.  "Loading" is never replaced with anything to indicate that there is an issue with the hostip.info call.  At least it's no longer throwing an exception.

We will take a look at version 4.1, but since we had to make our own code changes to version 3 to fix a couple of bugs, including table structure changes where you didn't check properly for field sizes before updating / inserting records, I am concerned about the upgrade process.  Your web site doesn't say anything (that I could find) about whether you can upgrade an existing installation to version 4, or if you have to start all over again with a new installation, and configure and debug that.  I'll download the 4.0 package and see if I can find any details about the upgrade process within it.

You should also note that there is an unanswered question about upgrading to 4.0 on the "1. Cute Live Support standalone" download page, where someone asks "can we upgrade to version 4 from any previous version of cute chat live support?"  This has remained unanswered for about 45 days.  You probably shouldn't allow comments on those pages if you are going to ignore the questions that people ask there.
View Complete Thread