Intermittent Problem with CuteEditor_OnInitialized

•  06-03-2008, 10:17 AM

Intermittent Problem with CuteEditor_OnInitialized

I've been seeing an intermittent problem with CuteEditor_OnInitialized failing to fire sometimes in slower loading pages, and especially with more than one cute editor in the page.  After delving into the JavaScript files, it appears to be related to Cute Editor calling it's internal CuteEditor_FireInitialized before the remainder of the page is loaded, unless I'm mistaken and Cute Editor is waiting on the entire HTML page to load.

The problem would manifest itself in that it would call the stub function for CuteEditor_OnInitialized within your JavaScript rather than the yet unreached CuteEditor_OnInitialized within the HTML code.

A way to solve this, if this is indeed the problem, would be to allow us to place our CuteEditor_OnInitialized above the cute editor within the page. To do this something like the following would facilitate it:

if( typeof(CuteEditor_OnInitialized) == "function" )
         CuteEditor_OnInitialized(editor); 

This way, the javascript in the page is guaranteed to be loaded prior to the CuteEditor_FireInitialized and there is no need for the stub function.

Am I incorrect in that CuteEditor can be initialized before the page is loaded?

Also, the problem appears to occur more frequently in Internet Explorer.
View Complete Thread