Microsoft Outlook Formatting

•  08-26-2008, 1:45 AM

Microsoft Outlook Formatting

Hey there.  I just got this control and it's great so far.  I'm having a problem though.  I'm writing an email client, and I'm getting in emails from Outlook and I'm trying to pass the html generated from Outlook through Cute to try to get it in the right format.  Seems like cute has quite a few handy functions for this, but the ones that seem most likely don't seem to be working correctly.

What I've tried to do is this...

Dim CU As New CuteEditor.Editor
    CU.Text = Email.HTMLBody
    CU.CleanUpMicrosoftWordHTML()
    CU.CleanUpHTMLCode()

Both of these functions don't seem to be formatting the emails the way I'm wanting them.

I'm getting stuff like this:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

Of course MS is behind this…Obviously we need these emails to be highly professional and clean…There IS a spellcheck…right? Probably should default to auto check spelling so it is always professional :+)

Anybody have any idea how to remove this formatting and convert outlook ellipses and apostrophes to their HTML counterparts?  Any help would be greatly appriciated!
View Complete Thread