PFD Generation - having problems

•  10-31-2008, 8:29 AM

PFD Generation - having problems

I'm trying to use CuteEditor to create a pdf.  I'm using the code below (which does create a pdf), but, my pdf's always come out in TimesRoman font, even if I put a span tag around the text (<span style='font-family: Arial;font-size: 19px;'>).   The size changes, but the font remains TimeRoman. 

Also, if my form has column spans in it (<td colspan=2>.....), the resulting pdf is wrong, the colspans don't work.   Is there some trick to getting PDF's to work correctly?   Sould I be able to send any valid html to the pdf converter and have the resulting pdf look correct?

Dim t As string
    t="<html><body><table width=660>.......... </table></body></html>"
    Dim
    html2pdf As New CuteEditor.Convertor.PDF.HTML2PDF(t)
    html2pdf.RenderSinglePageContent =
    False
    html2pdf.PageHeight = CInt(CuteEditor.Convertor.PDF.PDFUtils.PageHeight)
    html2pdf.Render()
    html2pdf.Save(
    "c:\test.pdf"

2) I'm trying to find out if my code is bad or if it's an issue with CueEditor, so I'm trying to duplicate what I'm seeing on the following page: http://cutesoft.net/example/createpdf.aspx
    If I modify the text in CuteEditor, click submit (I then see the HTML), and then click the 'Check PDF Link', the resulting PDF doesn't change.  Should it??   Or is your web page set up to show a static pdf instead of a dynamic one?

Thanks, Jim
    Using CuteEdit 6.2, and I have a server license for it.....

View Complete Thread