Re: DNN Provider 4.0 - Customize Toolbar by Role?

•  04-08-2005, 3:00 PM

Re: DNN Provider 4.0 - Customize Toolbar by Role?

Ok, I've made the changes and written over the files.

Heres the problem......

When I log in as Admin I can edit a module, but it wont update, no changes are saved.

When I am there as guest I can edit and update a module, changes are saved.

When I log into site as regitered user I receive the following when selecting "Edit"

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.Security.PortalSecurity.HasNecessaryPermission(SecurityAccessLevel AccessLevel, PortalSettings PortalSettings, ModuleInfo ModuleConfiguration, String UserName) +185 DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.ActionButton.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +294 [ModuleLoadException: An error has occurred.] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessModuleLoadException(String FriendlyMessage, Control UserCtrl, Exception exc) +292 DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessModuleLoadException(Control UserCtrl, Exception exc) +27 DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.ActionButton.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1447 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 [PageLoadException: An error has occurred.] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessPageLoadException(Exception exc, String URL) +344 DotNetNuke.Framework.PageBase.Page_Error(Object Source, EventArgs e) +361 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +109 System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +68 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +2100 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

I'll send you a pm with login info for my dev site.
View Complete Thread