Re: need help settting up editor

•  08-31-2009, 12:55 AM

Re: need help settting up editor

I'm really sorry to say this but really the deployment documentation doesn't say much.

I'm trialing the software too and kinda stuck.

For example,
    Ok as requested, we upload the files where you in a directory off the root directory in this case CuteEditor_files
    Then we create a file called john.php as with the details as Adam showed and place it in the root directory.
    We then open the file via http://mydomain.com/john.php with brings up the editor :)

then when i do my changes and save it.. I get 

Get the Html Result

This example shows how to extract the html content created by the CuteEditor.
    Hello World

-------------

And thats It!!  I have no idea from here on where that edited file has gone or if it was possible to "save it as" something... 

The reason we want to purchase this application is because it looks easy for anybody to use,
    and i'm sure it's easy once its working, just need a lil help setting it up.

As a scenario , I have an existing site with just 1 page on it(index.php just text). and i want to be abe to edit that file anytime I want using Cute Editor. I copy the files as requested.. then add the bits of code as Adam mentioned.  I did that and i get the GETthe HTML Result page.. can anyone PLEASE help?  Are there security permissions i need to change. I run this on a Linux/apache server.

/index.php
    /CuteEditor_Files

Thanks in advance.

View Complete Thread