Re: need help settting up editor

•  09-01-2009, 12:23 AM

Re: need help settting up editor

Guys,

I am very sorry to have to say this but I totally understand what Redgirl is saying,
    I don't think it's as easy as it sells itself and I have to also say that the support needs to be friendlier to beginners like myself and redgirl.
    We dabble in php and other technologies but by no mean genuises hence why we wanted to invest in Easy to use software.

We just want to grasp an example of how it would apply to a new site and an existing site.  Just pointing us to a page and referring us to read code does not in my eyes constitute the support i'd expect from an application provider specially given the fact that this is paid software, not freeware. 

I don't think what we asked was too hard to explain to us in simple terms.

To be specific, what we need to know is how to implement the application and edit existing files within a working site.
    From your deplyment guide, we've uploaded the folder.
    How then do I get into the application and get the application to open an existing file(say existing index.php or index.php), edit and save that file?  Do we have to put code in on each page of the site that allows it to be edited?

We understand the mechanics overall how it works just need help to put it together.  I don't think we are being difficult or asking for too much, once we have it going we will probably not bother you again.  So PLEASE, PLEASE be gentle and help us out..

View Complete Thread