Re: Editor Unusable under certain circumstances in Safari

•  09-02-2009, 8:36 AM

Re: Editor Unusable under certain circumstances in Safari

Adam,
       Divs are not templated controls and this example does not use ajax what so ever.  This is completely different then my example.  I made my example simple so it could be easily tested.  In actuality the inner UpdatePanel is a stand in for a custom fake popup control that I wrote that produces the same result.  The circumstances of my error have to be as I described them or I will have to change ever place in our application that uses this control and there are many.  I tried doing something like this at the end of the page:

1. <script type="text/javascript">  
    2.         var iframes = document.getElementsByTagName('iframe');  
    3.         for(i=0; i<iframes.length; i++) {  
    4.               iframes[i].src = iframes[i].src;  
    5.         }  
    6. </script> 
     I ran this script if the clients browser was Safari.  This seems to load the content and make the Editor editable again but then on postback any changes to the data are not returned to the server.  In other words only the original content is returned to the server.  I also noticed there is a 1x1.gif image with an onload event attached.  I tried running that script as well but it had the same result.   It seems to me that Safari is caching something.  Why else would it load the first time but not the second time?  I wonder if there is a way to stop that from happening making anything like this script unneeded.

Thanks again for your time,
    bczengel

View Complete Thread