Re: No Request Files

•  12-28-2009, 4:14 PM

Re: No Request Files

I am pretty sure that the issue is in the server. I tested in Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari on various different computers. One running XP, another running Server, another running Windows 7.

Are there any settings that the server may have that would be preventing the file from being uploaded (keeping in mind that the files range from 800 MBs to 2 GBs).  

I've set all values in your documentation on getting started, as well as modified the amount of time before a single request times out.

• Set MaxRequestEntityAllowed
    • Set TempDirectory
    • Set MaxFileSizeKB
    • Set  maxRequestLength
    • Set executionTimeout
    I've noticed that files under ~800 MBs upload fine, but after that, they seem to stall and the process is interrupted.

I've also noticed that (usually) just before it throws an error, the upload progress bar seems to hang for 1-2 seconds, maybe once or twice before the whole thing hangs.

Could it be that the server is running out of Memory?

Also, I've noticed that no files appear in my temp directory while I am uploading a file. (My temp directory is in E:\UploaderTemp)
     Is this a normal thing, or could this be related? (for example, is it trying to upload it all into memory, rather then reading it into a file like it seems it should?)

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I hope we can figure this out :)

W. Andrew Shogren 
View Complete Thread