"Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : "

•  01-29-2010, 7:15 AM

"Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : "

Hello.

I have implemented the ajax uploader on the comersial website that me and my collegues are developing.
    It has been working great with some exceptions.

Exception 1 was a user on win xp IE 7 that did not have permission to install flash/silverlight plugins due to company policy. This resulted in a permissions failure instead of fallback to single file Iframe upload.

Exception 2 was a user on win 2K IE 6 behind a internal proxy. The user chooses a file to upload, the client waits without any visible uploadprogress and then presents a javascript alert
    with the text "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : ...". A interesting detail is also that the directory that is refered to is a directory on the fileserver and not on the webserver. This leads me to think that it's actualy our webserver that can not access the file and delivers the error message as a result to the uploader control. What pussels me is ofcourse why this particular user gets the error. No one else seems to have problems reguardless of proxys..

We, on developement, and the customer's own tech-department solved exception 1 by installing flash on the users comp. This is not really an issue merely a concern of interest for us at the time. Exception 2 is more of a hot potatoe due to that we claim to support IE 6 and we are concerned that we in actuality don't support IE 6 due to this problem.
View Complete Thread