Editing Issues (lost formatting, format buttons not working)

•  03-18-2010, 2:35 AM

Editing Issues (lost formatting, format buttons not working)

We've had a number of reports from our customers about difficulty editing content with CuteEditor. The two main issues are the formatting buttons not applying the styles (or correct styles) to selected text and losing existing formatting when editing other parts of the document.

The most recent incident involves an entry that contains a few paragraphs of text, then some styled tables. When the customer attempts to add a blank line at the top, the paragraph breaks and tables disappear, leaving just the styled text. This happens consistently under Safari and Firefox (Mac & Win7), but not under IE. I copied the raw HTML from the entry and pasted it into the CuteSoft.net demo page. The same thing happens.

The ongoing recurrence of these issues causes frustration for our customers and leaves us feeling uneasy about the stability of the editor.  We're using the latest version, as far as I can tell. The archive I downloaded tonight has the same date as the one installed on our server (Nov 11, 2009).

Any assistance or assurances of a more stable release in the near future would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 
View Complete Thread