Ajax Uploader requiring editing permission to work in DNN module

•  04-30-2010, 11:03 PM

Ajax Uploader requiring editing permission to work in DNN module

Hello all, I have found a new problem with Ajax Uploader in the Dotnetnuke environment.  For those not aware, DNN is a ASP.net CMS platform/frameowrk comprised primarily of a myriad of modules, both canned and custom made.  The problem I am having is it does not work when I install it into  a module I must give the user editing privileges and the user has to actually opt into an editing view to make it work.  Any form of view only causes the ajax to fail.  The symptoms are thus:

1. It does attempt to process each file in the queue, however, at the end of each item an error box pops up saying Global Error: unknown result.

2.   It is not even firing the fileuploaded even as far as I can tell because it will not execute my code at all.  I have verified this in several scenarios.  this even is not firing.  Or at lest the module is not recieving it.

This is very similar to the problem listed at this post:    http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/59333.aspx

In fact it proably is the same bug.  I thought I had fixed it by reinstalling from scratch and adding a line of code in my web.config that I thought I had forgotten before.  

I have confirmed that it is caused by the write permission because I can without fail cause this error to appear or go away by denying edit permission in any of the ways allowed me by DNN (that I am aware of anyways).

I havent messed with the different technologies (Flash, Silverlight, etc) supported by Ajax Uploader yet.  I would first like to understand the underlying cause and find a fix/solution for it.  I can simply give the user editing permission for that one module, but that is fraight with its own potentially nasty side effects.

Thanks  

View Complete Thread