Re: can't browse nested folders in document browser

•  06-14-2010, 9:56 PM

Re: can't browse nested folders in document browser

Well, here it is one year later, and I revisited this because of a project on which I'm working.  I was finally able to resolve this issue.  It was a simple thing too (but took a few hours to discover) - the AbsoluteImageGalleryPath and AbsoluteFilesGalleryPath properties had to have a trailing slash (/) at the end of them.  For instance:

1. $editor->AbsoluteImageGalleryPath="/var/www/html/articles/records/image/"// MUST HAVE TRAILING SLASH!!!!  
    2. $editor->ImageGalleryPath="http://domain.com/articles/records/image/";  
    3. $editor->AbsoluteFilesGalleryPath="/var/www/html/articles/records/file/"// MUST HAVE TRAILING SLASH!!!!  
    4. $editor->FilesGalleryPath="/articles/records/file";  

Note that my set up has CuteEditor running on a separate web site (and therefore separate physical directory on the server) from the location of the files/images to be managed in the editor, hence the need for the full URL in the ImageGalleryPath variable.  

I found that I didn't need the full URL in the FilesGalleryPath variable because it worked ok without it, so I left it out; you get cleaner HTML code generated this way because it uses relative links.  

I had to have the full URL for the image gallery though because you can't preview the images in the editor without it and it won't read the image's properties (width, height, etc.) when inserting them which isn't good.  However, when inserting an image from the gallery, you can take the "http://mydomain.com" part out of the URL before you do the actual insert into your HTML.  You lose the ability to see the image previewed in your code after the insert, but it retains all of the image's properties at that point (width, height, etc) since the editor has already read the image. 

Setting the editor up seems pretty easy if it and all of your files are running on just one web site.  Tricky though if you have a configuration like I did. 

I hope that info is able to help some other users out there. 
View Complete Thread