WYSIWYG editor hangs in ASP.NET AJAX Enviro on Server

•  06-23-2010, 8:30 AM

WYSIWYG editor hangs in ASP.NET AJAX Enviro on Server

The editor seems to hang in my ASP.NET/AJAX web app. This happens only on the server and works fine locally on the dev machine.

The control is like the 8th control on the page. It's a data entry page with alot of textboxes, dropdownlist, etc... 2 of the textboxes do a postback. These seem to "trigger" the problem. Even though the code the postback runs is very simple (making some controls visible/invisible mostly and setting a textbox.)

I cannot click in the editor or use it in any way when this happens (all browsers).  The browsers seem to indicate that not all components have been loaded / seems stuck. Here are some messages I've gathered...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:03:14 UTC

Message: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e.
    Line: 3
    Char: 20046
    Code: 0

Line: 3
    Char: 20046
    Code: 0

In Safari it will say something like "Loading "http://.....aspx", completed 34 of 35 items". (The 35th item being the editor I assume.) I enabled the "error console" and it showed this (in red)...

Failed to load resource: cancelled (mypage.aspx)
    Sys.ParameterCountException: Sys.ParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch. (ScriptResource.axd:52) 

Any ideas? This is urgent because it's happening in the PRODUCTION, live server. 

View Complete Thread