Control error in Visual Studio & progress bar color

•  07-13-2010, 1:45 PM

Control error in Visual Studio & progress bar color

Some problems I could use some assistance on:

1. When uploading, I see the percent done being displayed, but the progress bar stays white, not green (i.e., I don't see graphical representation of the progress, only the percentage).  What do I do to correct this?

2. When I open a page in Visual Studio (such as Large-File-Upload.aspx), I get errors:

Error Creating Control - ScriptManager1Failed to create designer 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'Large File Upload in ASP.NETAjax Uploader allows you to upload large files to a server with the low server memory consumption.Click the following button to upload (No size/type restrictions). Server Trace: Error Creating Control - UpdatePanel1Failed to create designer 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

but the control works.  What do I need to do to fix this?

ADDED LATER:  The two items below occur if I use "code behind" but go away when code on the same page.  Is there a way to eliminate these problems with code-behind?

3. When I copy the code from Large-File-Upload.aspx, to another page in the site, I get an error here:

Private Sub ButtonTellme_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
            ListBoxEvents.Items.Clear()
            For Each item As AttachmentItem In Attachments1.Items
    it says Type AttachmentItem is not defined

Why is this showing up here - I assume the definition is in your code somewhere...?

4. When I attempt to run the page, I get this error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30390: 'events_Accounts_ManagePresentations.Private Sub ButtonDeleteAll_Click(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.

The line of code highlighted is this:  
    <asp:Button ID="ButtonDeleteAll" runat="server" Text="Delete All" OnClick="ButtonDeleteAll_Click" />&nbsp;&nbsp;

Again, I don't understand why this is showing up, since I copied the code exactly from the sample file.

View Complete Thread