Re: Bug: Paste Word 2007 with CEditor 6.4 & Firefox 3.5.2 only

•  03-28-2012, 11:43 AM

Re: Bug: Paste Word 2007 with CEditor 6.4 & Firefox 3.5.2 only

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply!

To answer your questions, yes it happens with the demo editor you supplied. (I selected "PasteText" and "PastePureText" - both times it happened.) We have seen this same issue happen with many versions of Firefox on many different computers - but I am currently using Firefox 11.0.  And it is not specific to a particular Word document - it every time we copy any text from Word directly into the editor - ie. not using the button in the toolbar.  I have had dozens of clients report this issue.

Here is an example:

When I paste this text:
    Most Canadians haven’t seen much ice this winter. Our trip to Iceland might be the perfect tonic. Join us in July as we travel to the freezing white of Europe’s greatest glaciers. We’ll explore the fantastic landscapes of western Iceland and observe cetacean, avian and geothermal activity. There are black volcanic beaches, towering glaciers, spouting geysers and freezing white ice.

It appears like this in the editor:
    Most Canadians haven’t seen much ice this winter. Our
    trip to Iceland
    might be the perfect tonic. Join us in July as we travel to the freezing white
    of Europe’s greatest glaciers. We’ll explore
    the fantastic landscapes of western Iceland and observe cetacean, avian
    and geothermal activity. There are black volcanic beaches, towering glaciers,
    spouting geysers and freezing white ice.  

As you suggested, I will email you the Word doc with this text.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

Cheers,
    Ilana

View Complete Thread