Re: Can't Get Editor To Render Fully

•  12-02-2013, 1:49 PM

Re: Can't Get Editor To Render Fully

It's me again. :)

NOTE: You can read everything I wrote below, but the important part is found under the IE 11 Change section below. 

Though the fix I listed above allows the editor to render fully under IE 11, none of the buttons work now. The errors I'm getting now are listed below.

Once again, these errors only happen when running IE 11 in Edge mode inside our MVC framework. The editor works just fine in IE 11/Edge outside of the MVC framework AND it works correctly in IE 10 mode inside our MVC framework. I'm not sure what our framework would be doing to prevent your editor from working, especially since it works fine in IE 10 mode within our framework.

Error 1 

Error 2 

As you can see, both of these errors occur in a similar functions. Window_GetSelectionType and Window_GetSelectionNode_Core. Both of these functions try to access window.document.selection.type, which is undefined. Mainly due to the fact that window.document.selection is undefined.

I'll try to find a workaround for this as well, but it would be nice if you guys had some input on these IE 11 issues.

IE 11 Change

As I mentioned above, your editor is getting an undefined error trying to access window.document.selection and the reason is that Microsoft has removed that property from IE 11. They suggest using getSelection instead. Do you know when you guys will fix this issue?

View Complete Thread