Messenger will not add contacts

•  07-04-2005, 6:36 PM

Messenger will not add contacts

i am using the cute chat and messenger with the ASP.Net starter kit.  when the messenger tries to search users i get a server error that says:

Server Error in '/barbelles' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Column 'User_Username,' does not belong to table Table.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'User_Username,' does not belong to table Table.
    Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 
    Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'User_Username,' does not belong to table Table.]
       System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +120
       CuteChatControls.CommunityDataProvider.SearchUserUniqueNameByDisplayName(String userDisplaName) +228
       z.SearchUserUniqueNameByDisplayName(String userDisplaName) +105
       CuteSoft.Chat.ChatApi.SearchUserUniqueNameByDisplayName(String displayname) +25
       CuteSoft.Chat.DynamicAssembly.ServiceLayerChatApiDecoratorProxy.SearchUserUniqueNameByDisplayName_InterceptedCall(String displayname) +78
       CuteSoft.Chat.DynamicAssembly.WebLayerChatApiDecoratorProxy.SearchUserUniqueNameByDisplayName_InterceptedCall(String displayname) +78
       CuteSoft.Chat.UI.CuteSoft_Client.CuteChat.SearchUser.BindDataGrid() +324
       CuteSoft.Chat.UI.CuteSoft_Client.CuteChat.SearchUser.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1) +336
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1281

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

it looks like the search is looking for User table where the community does not have that table, but instead has a table Community_Users, i tried to look into the code to see if i can change that line however i don't have the .cs files to edit.  is there a patch for this?  i can create a table called user, but then i'd have to find the stored procedure and change that and i am not sure i want to mess with all that right now
View Complete Thread