Adding a link at the end of a paragraph removes the paragraph break

Last post 10-22-2009, 7:19 AM by craig_b. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2009, 10:03 AM 56514

Adding a link at the end of a paragraph removes the paragraph break

Hi,

We are finding that selecting the last word(s) of a paragraph and inserting a hyperlink causes that paragraph break to disappear, so that the next paragraph becomes part of the previous paragraph. If the following paragraph is a heading (<h2> etc) then this styling is lost as it's pulled into the previous paragraph.

We are being careful only to select/highlight the letters of the word(s) and not the paragraph break itself, so not sure why this is happening. We're using standard <p> tags to denote paragraphs (I notice that the same problem doesn't happen here in the forum text editor, which appears to be using <div> tags instead, but <p> tags are more appropriate for well-formed content).

Can anyone offer any advice or a fix?

Many thanks
    Craig 
  •  10-20-2009, 3:43 PM 56529 in reply to 56514

Re: Adding a link at the end of a paragraph removes the paragraph break

•  10-22-2009, 7:19 AM 56590 in reply to 56529

Re: Adding a link at the end of a paragraph removes the paragraph break

Hi Adam,

I've tried your example and it doesn't cause the same problem (ie. it works correctly) -- a second installation of Cute Editor in a different site on our server (the same server) also works as expected, even though I am calling Cute Editor with exactly the same parameters. I assume this can't be a CSS issue, since Cute Editor is actually removing </p><p> tags, so I'm really confused now.

Any quick fix suggestions from anyone who's experienced the same problem would be much appreciated -- otherwise we will rebuild the affected installation which hopefully will solve the problem.

Thanks
    Craig
View as RSS news feed in XML