Error: UploadModule is not installed into web.config

Last post 04-15-2011, 8:16 AM by Jeff. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-23-2009, 4:13 AM 51410

Error: UploadModule is not installed into web.config

I've just downloaded this product to evaluate it and I'm running into a problem on my first effort to use it.

I use VS2008 and have a large webapplication solution which is divided into several subprojects. These subprojects live in subdirectories of the main application, and they do not have their own web.config file. Instead they share the web.config file in the root of the webapplication.

I copied the DLL and LIC files to the \bin directory, and added a reference to the DLL in the subproject where the test page is. 
    I also added the relevant CuteWebUI entries to this single web.config file in the root:
     <add namespace="CuteWebUI" assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" tagPrefix="CuteWebUI"/> 
    <add name="CuteWebUI.UploadModule" type="CuteWebUI.UploadModule,CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader"/> 

I created a test upload page in a subproject, and now when trying to run the test page I get the error: "UploadModule is not installed into web.config"

How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance. 

Regards, Marja
  •  04-23-2009, 5:33 AM 51417 in reply to 51410

Re: Error: UploadModule is not installed into web.config

Sorry, already found the cause:
    I'm developing and testing on a computer running Vista so I needed to deploy for the IIS7 integrated mode. I originally added that line to the wrong section of the web.config file.

My webapplication will eventually be installed on all kinds of Windows servers, so I won't know in advance which deplyment method to use for the UploadModule entry.
    Can I simply add that line to both sections of the web.config to accomodate all IIS servers? Or could that cause other problems?

Regards, Marja
  •  04-23-2009, 9:52 AM 51433 in reply to 51417

Hi,

You can add the UploadModule into system.web and system.webServer at the same time without any problems.

Regards,
    Terry

•  04-15-2011, 7:19 AM 67186 in reply to 51433

Hi,

I did the same as you suggested above, but I am getting the following error while testing in Chrome,

UploadModule is not installed into web.config.!

and its completely not working in Firefox.

Please help me out in this issue. 
  •  04-15-2011, 7:39 AM 67187 in reply to 67186

Dear shailen,

http://ajaxuploader.com/Deployment.htm , please check whether you followed step 2.

To allow Ajax Uploader to handle upload requests, you need to add its HttpModule to your application.

IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 Classic mode

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <httpModules>
    <add name="CuteWebUI.UploadModule" type="CuteWebUI.UploadModule,CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader"/>
    </httpModules>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

IIS 7.0 Integrated mode

<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
    <modules>
    </modules>
    </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Thank you for asking
  •  04-15-2011, 7:44 AM 67189 in reply to 51433

Hi,

I have found that the CuteWebUI conflicts with jQuery.

I have a master page in my application and have included jquery files in master page. 

When I add CuteWebUI control to the page which is having the master page, it is creating the problem. And when I add another page without master page and add CuteWebUI uploader to that page, then its working perfectly.

What could be the issue? 
  •  04-15-2011, 8:16 AM 67192 in reply to 67189

Hi shailen,

Is there any online page that I can test?
    I'll check it.

Regards,
    Jeff
View as RSS news feed in XML