Thumbnail picture

Last post 11-08-2006, 10:33 AM by edgarJakob. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-07-2006, 3:14 AM 24096

Thumbnail picture

Hello there,

I would like to know whether it's possible whithin the Editor to create a thumbnail from a picture that has been uploaded.

This way it would be possible for the user to place a thumbnail linked to the big image that opens in a popup. I found an old posting from last March where the Admin explained that this feature allready exists in dotnetgallery.

I had a look at dotnetgallery and its just too much/different to what I need. Often users want to place small Images within a longer text with the option of viewing the Image in a bigger size.

Somehow I have to find a solution or a way round this problem. It would be nice if someone could help me with this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

edi
  •  11-07-2006, 9:03 AM 24104 in reply to 24096

Re: Thumbnail picture

•  11-08-2006, 10:33 AM 24140 in reply to 24104

Re: Thumbnail picture

Hi Adam,

thanks for your reply. As I saw in the other thread there is this thumbnail generating button and it works fine. But as the other user mentioned there is no really solution for inserting a link to the original image.
    Yes, you could just insert a Link and select the original Image, set the target to "_blank" and have it open in a new browser window.
    I just wondered if it would be possible to somehow include this little JS that adjusts the size of the opened window to the size of the image without the toolbars or, even better, do it in the totaly professional maner like for example istockphoto.com does! Would'nt that be great.

Again, thanks for your help.

edi
View as RSS news feed in XML