Technical questions: Networking & Threading

Last post 11-21-2004, 11:58 AM by Adam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-09-2004, 2:57 AM 1461

Technical questions: Networking & Threading

Hi,

First of all it's great job ... and i have a couple questions here..

1- which way have you used for transferring messages ? is it "System.Net" and/or "System.Net.Socket" namespaces or ...?

2- and if so, did you use any kind of threading? becasue i had troubles when using threading in asp.net.

Thanks in advance
    Ala

•  08-09-2004, 12:31 PM 1465 in reply to 1461

Re: Technical questions: Networking & Threading

Hi ance :

The CuteChat do not use the System.Net and the Socket to exchange informations between clients and server .

In browser , CuteChat use the 'MSXML2.XMLHttp' to send a request to server , and download results from server.

The data transfer between client and server are text based.

About the threading , yest , CuteChat is a multi-thread software . but CuteChat never start a thread .

The threads are managed by the ASP.NET .  So each thread is for each System.Web.HttpRequest .

When a HTTP request is sent from browser , the ASP.NET would allocate a thread to invoke the request, and then the ASP.NET would call the CuteChat IHttpHandler to handle the request .  after the CuteChat return the ASP.NET would send the result to client , and close that thread .

Regards , Terry .

•  11-21-2004, 6:52 AM 2501 in reply to 1465

Need Help ;(

Hello I Need Chatroom With Admin control please give me i will populate my chatroom i will bring users in my chatroom please give me if u can thank u reply me soon in my email address  [email protected] this is my email address thanks please reply me there
  •  11-21-2004, 11:58 AM 2502 in reply to 2501

Re: Need Help ;(

View as RSS news feed in XML